Build Error: WriteableBitmapExtensions Exists in Both Phone & Xna DLLs

Feb 12, 2012 at 5:22 AM

Thanks so much for this great library - I'm using it to build an app that I'm trying to finish this weekend and it's been a great time-saver!

I'm having a problem though. I've added this to my project via NuGet and when I go to build, I get the following wherever I reference BlendMode:

The type 'System.Windows.Media.Imaging.WriteableBitmapExtensions' exists in both 'C:\Users\<myUserName>\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\<myProjectName>\packages\WriteableBitmapEx.\lib\sl4-wp71\WriteableBitmapExWinPhone.dll' and 'C:\Users\<myUserName>\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\<myProjectName>\packages\WriteableBitmapEx.\lib\sl4-wp71\WriteableBitmapExWinPhoneXnaDependant.dll' C:\Users\<myUserName>\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\<myProjectName>\<myProjectName>\MainPage.xaml.cs

I had fixed this by just removing the reference to the Xna library, but now I want to use the SaveToMediaLibrary method and maybe some others to save more time.  Have you ever seen this?

I tried to add a using System.Windows.Media.Imaging.WriteableBitmapExtensions; to see if that would make any difference, but then got the intellisense error that this was present in both dlls as well.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Feb 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Was able to work around this issue using techniques from this post, but I would think this is still an issue for those that want to use features from both assemblies (isn't that why NuGet adds refs to both?).  Thanks again for this great tool!

Feb 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM

You're right! Thanks for reporting it.

I just fixed it in revision 86384 and it will be part of the next release.

- Rene Schulte

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Nice! Thanks for the support and the quick turnaround!

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Can you please publish last version 86384, because NuGet update is messing applications.

Great library btw :)

Jakub Florczyk