Dec 7, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Is there a fill function for the shapes?

Dec 29, 2009 at 10:42 AM

No at the moment, but it's planned for a next release.

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2010 at 4:19 PM

This is really awesome - thanks for putting it together.  Any idea as to when the Fill functionality will be coming online, or is the Blitting supposed to be the current workaround for fill?

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Hi E.,

since I have a ton of work to do in the next couple of weeks don't except a release soon. Yeah, you can use the Blitting as a workaround at the moment, but if you only need some filled rectangles I can provide such a method quickly.

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Hey thanks for the response!

I am actually more interested in filled Ellipses, but can do with filled Rects as well.

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I just wrote a FillRectangle method that should be pretty fast. You will have to build your own WriteableBitmapEx version from the repository to use it. The method is located in the WriteableBitmapFillExtensions.cs file.

Have fun!

Mar 20, 2010 at 2:34 AM

I just saw the Fill, thanks!

Now that MIX is over, we can breath a bit, but with all of the new stuff, it's back to the grind soon.

BTW, why did you pick a rectangle, since a triangle is the real basic unit, and makes a rectangle easy after it's done.

Just wondering.

Mar 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM

This here is raster graphics not vector graphics. We fill pixels and a rectangle is easier to fill than a triangle. Sure you can use two triangles to fill a rectangle, but the best / fastest way is a special method that uses Buffer.BlockCopy

Amazing thinks were announced at MIX and I already provided a WriteableBitmapEx version for the Windows Phone: Let it ring - WriteableBitmapEx for Windows Phone

Mar 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Very nice - thanks for contributing all of this.