- Draw methods for parametric curves: Cubic Beziér splines and the Cardinal splines similar to the GDI+ API.
- Clone method to copy the whole WriteableBitmap to a new instance.
- Boundary check for the Draw* (Shape) methods. The coordinates are now clipped to the WriteableBitmap's size.
- A new, even faster DrawLine method overload that uses the bitmap's pixels int array, width and height directly as parameters. This method should be used if many lines are drawn to the same WriteableBitmap.
- Optimization of the byte array conversion methods using the Buffer.BlockCopy method.
- WriteTga method to write a WriteableBitmap as a TGA image to a stream.
- Fast path for Blitting using the Buffer.BlockCopy method if the BlendMode is None and the bitmap should not be tinted. The result is a performance boost by factor 3.5 compared to traditional loop iteration.
- Adam Kinney contributed two new blend modes for the Blit method: Multiply and Mask. He used these in his cool torn photo effect.
- A new iteration method that takes a function as parameter and iterates over each pixel and sets its color. The method is called ForEach and has two overloads. Usage example: writeableBmp.ForEach((x, y, color) => Color.FromArgb(color.A, color.R / 2, (byte)(x * y), 100));
See this blog post
for more details.
Only the WriteableBitmapEx binaries. Download the source for the samples.